Thursday, June 30, 2016

A Couple of Days Out

So, I was finally able to go on a few adventures. Wednesday, we went to the market. It was the feast day of Sts. Peter and Paul, so some businesses and all schools were closed. We got to see a procession in honor of the saints near the market.





We also went to Museo Larco, which had some absolutely beautiful textiles, among other things, including erotic pottery. Here are just a couple of pictures. The rest are in a FaceBook album. I will move them over to a public Google album at some point.





This morning we went back to the market for some breakfast.



Then on to MALI, Lima's art museum. Again, here are just a few pictures.





We went back to the market where I treated myself to a "club" shirt, as I've lost 10 lbs since I've been here. I also got some long pajama pants as the shorts are just too cold for the morning.

Tomorrow it's off to the salon for Sarath, and I think I may have something done with my hair as well. Other than that, this weekend is still a mystery. Happy July!

No comments:

Post a Comment