Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Back in the Saddle...Mostly

Sorry for the long delayed update, but, as I mentioned, I've been very sick the last several days. So, to catch you all up:

Friday, after several communication debacles, I met the gang in Miraflores. We went to this quaint little bar for a couple of drinks, then I went back to the hotel to sleep.

Saturday, the group when to a huaca (ruin), and I stayed at the hotel to nap (sensing a theme yet?). This is when my cough really started to get noticeable. Alfonso and I went to see "Dejames que te cuente...", a musical inspired by Chabuca Granda, Peru's premier female composer.





Afterward, we went to Larco in Miraflores to see the beach at night.



Sunday Alfonso took me to lunch at a cevicheria "for Peruvians," where he was either trying to kill me or fatten me up for some nefarious purpose.


I was really not feeling well at all on Sunday, so I went to bed early.

Monday, Seri, Sarath, and Christina had presentations in the morning and hair appointments in the afternoon. I stayed home and spent most of the day in bed. From the time they got back in the evening until after dinner, my cough worsened to a sore throat, chills, and I spiked a fever. Reluctantly, I agreed to go to the clinic, which closed just as we got there, so I ended up in the emergency room. Diagnosis: throat infection and 102F (39C) fever. I got an injection to lower the fever and five days worth of antibiotics to take. 

Tuesday I spent most of the day in bed recovering. I'm at about 70% right now, but I can tell I'm getting better because I've been hungry all day.

I think that's a long enough post for now. I'll update you on today's adventures tomorrow. Hasta maƱana!

No comments:

Post a Comment