Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Museums, Museums, Musems


So, Monday, I waited around all day for Alfonso who neglected to tell me he had several work meetings. By the time we finally met at 6:30 it was too late to go to La Punta, so we went to Barranco instead. Nice bohemian district, although there isn't a lot to do at night unless you are bar/pub hopping. I did get a closer shot the the cross in Chorrillos.


We spent the night in La Molina. Tuesday, I mostly caught up on sleep.

Today we were supposed to go to La Punta yet again, but he had to work. I'm going to assume from this point forward that we do not have any definite plans. I'm not spending my last week here waiting on someone. Instead, Sarath and I went back to Barranco to three museums (the first picture in the post is on a wall in Barranco. It says, "To think with the heart."). First, Museo MATE which has an exhibit of the photographic work of Mario Testino.








Next, Museo Pedro de Osma. They had a special exhibition of Italian fashion, but it was an additional S/.20, so we opted to see the permanent collections, which just happened to include Italian fasion.




They also had a special exhibition in one of the permanent exhibition rooms that talked about camelid fibers (vicuña, alpaca, llama, etc.) and the process from shearing to knitting/weaving.





Finally, we went to Museo de la Electricidad, which was not only interesting, but also free (BONUS!).




I'm not sure what's on tap for tomorrow, but Friday night we're going downtown to a gay discotheque. Until then, "Pensar con el Corazón."

1 comment:

  1. Very cool!! Hope you are learning lots but still having fun!

    ReplyDelete